Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 round up


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? Became landlords.

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year? My new years resolutions last year can be seen here and i kept them until i got pregnant (february) and then everything went to pot.
 I will make more for this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Oh my goodness where do i start? My sister had Harry (jan), Bev had Lola (april), Becky had Ella (may), Becky F had Fyn (july), I had Aaron (october), Amanda had Hannah (nov)and Sheryl had Judah (dec).

4. Did anyone close to you die? No

5. What countries did you visit? Just England. We went to the Lake District in May and i went to Hayes in August.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? A flat stomach and my fitness back

7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory? 12th October - the day Aaron was born. Also, My 30th birthday on the 1st March and my fab party on the 12th March. It meant so much to me to have a roomful of people who had made an effort to come and party with me! I had school friends there  from London that i hadn't seen in over 10years. 

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Growing and giving birth to another beautiful boy!

9. What was your biggest failure? Being useless during pregnancy. I felt like i failed my boy when i was forced to work full-time and had to put him in nursery 4days a week.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? A few minor illnesses. I got Labyrinthitis in September which has left me with permanent tinnitus and partial hearing loss. 

11. What was the best thing you bought? Our beautiful new home!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? As usual, my husband's. He's great; kind, patient, rarely angered, calm and so tolerant. He did EVERYTHING involved in renting out our flat and in buying our house. Im useless when pregnant. 

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Whoever's decision it was not to let me work part-time and giving me the option of full-time or redundancy.


14. Where did most of your money go? On our new house

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting pregnant, my nephew being born, my son being born, the royal wedding, my 30th and seeing old friends

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2011? Adele's 21.


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Happier
Thinner of fatter? Fatter :-(
Richer or poorer? Poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercising

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Working. Those 6 months were hard going. 

20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas morning opening pressies just the 4 of us. Down to my mum and dads at 1pm to open more pressies with my sister and her husband and my nephew and then a yummy dinner. 

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with? My husband

22. Did you fall in love in 2011? Oh yes, with my new baby Aaron

23. How many one night stands in this last year? None

24. What was your favourite TV programme(s)? Im a celebrity get me out of here (!), The Good Wife, Desperate Housewives,

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate might be too strong but i strongly dislike some people i had to work with. 

26. What was the best book(s) you read? I read a lot of mindless chick lit this year, it was good but no best stands out!

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Adele

28. What did you want and get? A new house!

29. What did you want and not get? To sell our flat, but at least we have a tenant

30. What were your favourite films of this year? ......im having to think about this for too long so obviously nothing stands out.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 30 and i went to Edinburgh zoo with my husband and son. Then had a party on the 12th.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not having to work fulltime for 6 months.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Maternity. Baggy. Ugly.

34. What kept you sane? Days off work

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Mark Wright? lol

36. What political issue stirred you the most? The daft tory/lib dem coalition government. The SNP landslide. I dont want an independent Scotland.

37. Who did you miss? The 2 Sarahs; my best friends. We live too far apart. 

38. Who was the best new person (people) you met? Aaron and Harry

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. A cliche but life is indeed short and precious. In 2011 my ex-boss got mouth cancer, a friend of mine in her early 20's discovered she had leukaemia, 2 friends had miscarriages, and my best friend lost her brother right before Christmas. It makes you think and value life.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"Seven days of saturday is all that I need" Bon Jovi

2 comments:

Maggie O said...

That's a load of information. All the best for 2012. Lang may yer lum reek!!

Jules said...

I love this Year Assessment Quiz! I think I will be trying it on my own 2011...