Saturday 4 December 2010

Decorated tree

Advent day 4. The Christmas tree was decorated by the 3 of us today. Its Matthews job to do the lights then Caleb and I decorated. We bought a small tree this year as our other one is just too big now Caleb has so many toys around the place. We need a new house!! This place is getting cramped.

I love getting all the decorations out! I forget what we have. We've a few lovely things with nice memories attached...a silver heart we got the first year we were married, an ornament i stitched for Caleb's first Christmas and so on. I love it. Im stitching Caleb an ornament every year with a personal message on the back. You can see last years here. This years is still a work in progress.

One of my favourite things to open is my snowman tin which has all my handmade stitchy gifts inside. I have made some lovely friends through blogging. I have a lovely santa Donna stitched for me which i made into a pillow sitting on the couch, the tin itself is under the tree and was actually a gift from Michele as well as a snowman figurine i display every year, the little pillow under my tree was made by Karen, a beautiful little santa ornament Clare stitched with the most immaculate stitching is hanging on the wall alongside a little set of mitts Kathy stitched for me last year. And Hazel, the gift you made when Caleb was born has been hung across one of the windows in our living room since the day it arrived (nearly 2 years ago!) I love handmade gifts, they mean so much as i appreciate the time and effort that goes into even the smallest item. So thank-you all, for your kindness, friendship and comments on my blog :-)

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful tree! Aww that is so sweet you still have that gift hanging up. x

Daffycat said...

A beautiful Christmas tree!

I know what you mean about toys. There are quite a few years where having children in the house takes over. One day, the place will be all yours again!

Deborah said...

Beautiful tree!

Erna said...

Hello Cheryl, I love your tree and Caleb's ornament...
Erna xx

Lynn said...

I love your tree Cheryl!
I remember there was a time here when I thought the toys would take over. Things were very croweded around Christmas.
How nice that you have so many handmade gifts from fellow stitchers. Those are the best for sure!

Kathy A. said...

Sending hugs!