Sunday 14 February 2010

New job - hurray!

Happy Valentines Day! I got a bunch of lovely Roses and a box of chocolates which we ate last night whilst watching the olympics. There's something not right about stuuffing your face with chocolate whilst watching all these elite sportsmen/women in tip top condition LOL DH is most unhappy with the BBCs coverage of the Olypmics...mostly because they never show any ice-hockey games. As a Canadian he's not impressed at the British lack of interest in his beloved national sport!

Still loving this rotation. Here's my update on CDC (turn your head to the side, i just cant get blogger to post this horizontally). I really want to finish this this year! I have a big space on the wall in my lounge where it would look perfect all framed.
I got a new job! Wooo Hooo! It is such great news. In terms of funding it is no more secure than where i was but i am just so glad to be away. Its terrible to work for a charity where people (i.e. the boss) dont turn up for work, lie, manipulate, bully, make terrible financial decisions etc etc She was not happy when i gave my notice and to cut a long story short i just have to go in for a few hours on Wednesday to wrap up and then im done! Its a great feeling! I start my new job a week tomorrow. My new job is sounding great. The boss has been emailing me lots of stuff already, including a few training courses she wants me to go on. That looks promising!

24 comments:

Hazel said...

congrats on the new job! x

Blu said...

Congrats on the new job!
CdC looks great!

Shelleen said...

good luck with your new job.

valerie said...

Yay! Congrats on the new job!! Love the progress on your CdC...beautiful color choice!

Lainey said...

Your CdC is beautiful. Congratulations and good luck with your new job.

Anna van Schurman said...

Congratulations on your new job. I don't think that any expat is happy watching the Olympics in their adopted country. The dude is always complaining that American coverage focuses too much on Americans and that they cut to commercial just as the Brits are up. What can you do? :)

Maureen said...

Pleased to hear about your new job - sounds good!

Suburban Stitcher said...

Yeah for a new job! I'm so happy for you! Hope that the baby is well :)

Karan said...

Great news about the job & Good Luck. :0)
CdeC is gorgeous - love the thread colours. :0)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on the new job! I hope you'll be much more happier!

Sounds like you had a lovely V-Day!

CDC looks great!

Kim B said...

Congrats on the new job! And I am loving your CDC!

Kathy A. said...

Congratulations on the new job! I know that it was important for you and I'm glad it turned out well.
Good progress on CdC. I'm still working the rotation and it's working for me too1 Maybe we have found the secret.

Michele said...

Congrats on the new job!

CdC looks great! Love the color.

Ohhhh the Olympics .. I bet your DH was very excited about the mogel competition .. it was so fun to watch both the women and men.

The prelims for both men's and women's hockey have been on a different TV station that what is covering prime time coverage. Too bad you don't get some US channels.

Annemarie said...

Congratulations, cheryl! What a relief this must be for you.

Your stitchy piece is HUGE, but GORGEOUS. I'm cheering you on from afar, hoping you will reach your goal!

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on your new job. I hope it will be a lot better than the old one. With co-workers and a boss you like to work with.
Nice progress on your WIP.

wot said...

Congrats! Your stitching looks great. I am gathering my courage to start working on that project and seeing it makes me want to do it more and more.

Sharon said...

CdC looks awesome. Congrats on your new job!

Andrea said...

WIP looks great. Wonderful news about the job, congratulations.

Wendy said...

Congratulations on the new job, Cheryl. I'm sure once you are out of such a bad environment and into a good one, you will feel tons better!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations on the new job it sounds wonderful and it must be a relief not having to deal with the awful manager. CdC is looking great.

Lynn said...

Congrats on your new job Cheryl! I can imagine just how happy you are now that you're out of there. I hope things are much better in the new one. It certainly sounds like it will be better.
CDC looks fantastic. I love your colour choice. I found that once I got started on this one I couldn't put it down.
Tell your DH to check out CTV.ca on the net and he'll get much better coverage of the Canadian hockey games. I'm really enjoying them.

stitcherw said...

Congrats on the new job, I'm so happy for you. Sounds like it is perfect timing getting away from the other one. Your CdC piece is looking so pretty, and I'm loving the BC piece as well, so fun.
Sue

stitcherw said...

Congrats on the new job, I'm so happy for you. Sounds like it is perfect timing getting away from the other one. Your CdC piece is looking so pretty, and I'm loving the BC piece as well, so fun.
Sue

stitchingwithlanie said...

That CDC cross stitch is absolutely fabulous!