Tuesday 4 March 2008

Catch up

Thank-you so much for all the birthday wishes. I had to spend most of my birthday travelling down to Birmingham (about 6hours away) for my best friends 30th birthday party. It was a fun party but a long way to go for a few hours! I got some great pressies for my birthday - clothes, an exercise bike, £45 worth of DMC (bought in Canada coz it's so much cheaper), perfume, the new Delia Smith cook book, money....i did well for myself!

Anyway, life is busy busy because this weekend i have to travel back down to Birmingham for another friends hen weekend. At least last weekend i could share the driving with my DH but this weekend i'll be on my own. Its been all go recently, back from Canada on Wednesday, back to work on Thursday then all these weekend trips. I dont think im over the jet lag yet because ive been up since 5.30am and i am never normally up before my alarm which is usually 7.30am!!
Anyway, speaking of Canada...we had a great time and im glad i decided to go in the end. Thank-you to everyone who asked about my ear. It was a wee bit sore on the plane but nothing too bad. It is still hurting now and again so i'll go the doctors soon to get it checked over.

Canada was lovely and snowy with blue skies. Not this mushy, wet snow and grey skies that we have here at the moment. It was a very different trip as most of our close friends over there have had babies in the last year! Very weird! So it involved lots of oooohing and aaaahing and day time activity and not much after 7pm LOL We were staying with DH's brother and his wife and our adorable nephew. He had his first birthday when we were there which was great! Here is DH with him and here is our familyFun times! Ive now had my fix of Dill pickle lays, Tim Hortons maple dip donuts and swiss chalet for another few months ;-)

There's basically been no stitching recently. I have to do the finishing on my Tea Time Exchange piece for the SBEBB this week and then i have to finish stitching the PS exchange im doing with Anna I am way behind on blog reading, i think theres over 500 posts in my google reader but i'll get there, bear with me :)

15 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What lovely photos of you and your husband's family...all looking great :)
You HAVE been on the go...makes me tired thinking about it, but then again, I'm an old woman compared to you :)

staci said...

Sounds like you had a very happy b-day and a fun trip! Great photos, your nephew is adorable :)

Up 2hrs earlier in the morning...I'd have to be in bed 2hrs earlier at night, lol!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Have you tried the BBQ lays in the black bag? Oh so yummy!

DaisyGirl said...

Looks like you had a blast! Nephew is a cutie!
Donna

Deb said...

I love seeing the pic of you, Cheryl. Makes you so real to me! Not that you aren't real to me...you know what I mean...LOL Love and hugs, Deb

Carla said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures...it looks like you had a great time in canada!

Ruth said...

Happy, happy, happy belated bday! Sounds like you had wonderful times. One question-- did the exercise bike gift have anything to do with the amount of dill pickle chips? lol

Laura said...

Love seeing the photos. Your nephew is adorable. And it sounds like you need a weekend at home to sleep in...and stitch, of course.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time! I love those Dill Pickle chips... do you not have them where you live?

Nice family picture :)

Stitchingranny said...

You will soon get back to normal then all the dashing about will have been worth it when you have nice memories to carry you through the dreary days.

Paula said...

Oh what lovely photos and what a gorgeous little boy. It must have been great being there to celebrate his birthday....
Happy belated birthday too, sounds like you got some great pressies....hmmm I think I could do with and exercise bike too!! lol
Happy stitching....

stitcherw said...

Glad you had (and continue to have) such a good time. With all that going on I think you'd be tired even if you weren't dealing with maybe a little bit of leftover jet lag. Hope you are feeling better soon (energy wise and your ear).
Sue

Lynn said...

Busy lady! A very Happy Belated Birthday to you too!
Sounds like you had a super time. Thanks for sharing the photos. Your nephew is really cute and that's a great family pic.Sometimes it's so hard to get a good picture of everyone in a group but this one turned out really well. Glad to hear you stocked up on DMC. That must be a real treat for you when you visit.

sugardoll said...

Love the photos. Wonderful family pic!

Belated happy birthday!

Beatrice said...

Glad you got your food fixes in.
It's good you had a good trip! I like the photos of the family!
Happy belated Birthday!