Saturday 13 January 2007

Rain, rain and more rain

I know it's kinda boring to blog about the weather. However, our weather has been so unbelievably bad recently i have to mention it. I think it's rained every day since the 5th November. I know this because the 4th was my sister's wedding and that was a beautiful sunny day. The last beautiful sunny day i can remember. The last 3 days have been particularly bad (like new years) with terrible storms and flooding. Tonight we decided to stay in instead of going out to meet some friends and typically, the weather has knocked the tv signal out (again!)

Our kids club starts again tomorrow. 4 of us were out today visiting our regulars to let them know it was starting again and leafleting new houses (in the pouring rain) to try and get some new kids to come along. Our theme this block is "junior heroes" and ive spent the last few hours cutting out super hero name badges which they can colour and stick safety pins on. Ive attached a photo but it's quite dark. What a way to spend a saturday evening! We always start the first week back after a holiday with a party so i'll have to plan some party games in a minute. After that, i plan to watch a dvd with my hubby and do some more work on my "nice day for ducks" piece which im stitching for a friend's baby. Shes due in 3weeks so need to get moving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm tagging you with the ‘6 weird things about you’ meme. (Write a post stating 6 weird things about yourself as well as the rule clearly. In the end, you need to tag 6 people.

Hugs :-)

Lana said...

I'm sorry to hear of your yucky weather! And thanks for posting a comment on my blog!
~Lana~