Sunday 7 January 2007

Love and Cross Stitch

Someone spoke about this in church this morning and i thought it was nice so i'll share it here. We were thinking about showing love to people that are hard to like, let alone love, and we were challenged to 1) think about that person 2) find one thing that you admire/find positive about them and 3) give them 100% encouragement/praise for that thing. The 101% method. I'll try it at work tomorrow with the person who really bugs me!

I finished my cross stitch. It looks really cool. Im very proud of it. I started it a year or so ago, forgot about it and picked it up again at the beginning of the Christmas holidays and got it finished. Its a pressie for someone so i'll wait until i give it to them before i post a picture of it. I went straight to the craft shop (don't laugh!) and bought my next one to start for Becky's baby! I love my new hobby even if im being ridiculed for it by certain friends who shall, for now, remain nameless. Although i must find somewhere cheaper to buy these cross stitches as my local craft shop is a rip off!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is a cool blog! You must be a really cool person! Your husband is a lucky guy.

mercy said...

Hello!! I'm Mercy a member of stitching bloggers :) Welcome to the group as well as blogging. I've been stitching for about 5 years and love it. I've learned to ignore those that laugh at my "old lady" hobby LOL. Can't wait to get to know you!

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish. Try ebay for some stitchy stuff. If you visit my blog, I have a link to a bunch of stash I'm selling off. Welcome to the world of blogging!

Jinger said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm from the stitching bloggers as well. Will visit your blog again soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I heard about your blog from Stitching bloggers too. Please let me know did it go with this "hard to like person" at work. Lovely way of thinking.

Unknown said...

Hello, welcome to the blogging world! Your not the only one that gets ridiculed, a few of my friends do the same to me but I ignore them. Xstitching is just something that relaxes me and I enjoy it.